Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cooking question / chocolate liqueur?


Queen of the Rich and decadent here! lol I don't think that was a good recipe. I wouldn't mess around with 'trying' to improve it. It has WATER in it for goodness sake.

This is my recipe for Irish Cream and since I am a chocoholic I double the Chocolate Syrup! This is rich and creamy and dee-licious.

1 can Eagle sweetened condensed milk
1 cup Southern Comfort whiskey
2 tablespoons Hershey's syrup
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups half & half
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules

Mix all together and pour into a fancy decanter that can be refrigerated. Do not leave set out, must be refrigerated. This is also great over Ice Cream!! (tho I drizzle some chocolate syrup over the ice cream, too)

I do think that the Southern Comfort adds a real touch to it so try to use that brand... However, if you really prefer vodka you could try it, too. The alcohol doesn't 'taste or stand out' that much anyway.

I usually make a quadruple batch around the holidays. :)

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment